Forensic Notes is highly integrated with
Microsoft Azure, a leader in online secure
hosting which meets a broad set of
international and industry-specific standards
– Bruce Scheiner – Security Guru
- Encrypted with a unique 256-bit symmetric key
- Decrypted by utilizing Azure Key Vault HSM in a two-step decryption process
- Encrypted at rest via SQL Transparent Data Encryption (TDE)
- Secured from unauthorized access via Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
- Digitally Signed upon creation
- Timestamped by a trusted Timestamping Authority (TSA)
- Transported only through encrypted communication tunnels
- Hosted on Microsoft Azure which meets a broad set of international and industry-specific compliance standards including ISO, HIPAA, FedRAMP and is FIPS 140-2 compliant *
- Store user passwords (stored by Microsoft Azure B2C Active Directory)
- Store credit card information (payment processing and storage handled by PayPal)
- View your Forensic Notes
- Sell your information
- Include any in-app advertising
* Disclaimer: Forensic Notes makes no claims to being ISO, HIPPA, FedRAMP of FIPS 140-2 compliant.
Microsoft Azure meets a broad set of international and industry-specific compliance standards
Forensic Notes is employing all best practices in securing their application and the data that exists within it.
– Mike Parsons – Security Evangelist and Mentor
Symmetric vs. Asymmetric Encryption
Symmetric Encryption utilizes a single encryption key for both encryption and decryption.
Asymmetric Encryption, commonly known as Public Key cryptography, utilizes a private and public key.
Video Source: https://www.professormesser.com/